Friday, February 6, 2015

A Day Without Media

I woke up and reached for my phone. Then I remembered the task I was given, see how long you can go without touching any electronic. See how long you can disconnect. So instead of unlocking my phone and going through the daily routine of CNN, Bleacher Report, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, i simply got up and started the day. It felt, weird. After a little bit I was unsure what to do with myself, as I soon found out everything in life is electronic, I had no newspapers, no books, nothing. My phone was my only source of news. Taking it away and disconnecting from electronics was also disconnecting from the news. It was really hard, and it wasn't hard for the fact that I wanted to text, or tweet. It was hard from the aspect that I wanted to check what was going on in the world. Phones have become more important than we know, and now they are much more than just texting. I was only able to stay disconnected until about 2;30, because I just couldn't hold out any longer. I realized that my phone was my only source, and couldn't do it anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment